Re: possible mass bug filing: not satisfied build dependencies in testing

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:20:22PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> OK. I refined now my analysis by checking build-dependencies of
> source packages in testing against the binary packages in testing+sid.
> (for a start), and I removed packages for debian-installer (Lucas
> told me hat the d-i team does not care about recompilation issues for
> these) and packages excluded by Packages-arch-specific. Furthermore,
> I partionend the result into three sets:
>
> 1 source packages that fail due to build-depends and that have at
>   least one arch=amd64 package in testing (10 packages, among them
>   python2.5)

Note that most of these already have RC bugs about these issues.

> 2 source packages that fail due to build-depends and that have no
>   arch=amd64 packages in testing (11 packages)
> 3 source packages that fail due to unsatisfied build-INDEP-depends
>   (4 packages)
>
> It is my understanding that only (1) are real bugs, (2) and (3) should
> probably not be reported as bugs. The listings are attached.

At least some of the ones from (2) and (3) might still be bugs. Let's see:

> m68k-vme-tftplilo (= 1.1.3-1): FAILED
> The following constraints cannot be satisfied:
>   m68k-vme-tftplilo (= 1.1.3-1) build-depends on gcc-m68k-linux {NOT AVAILABLE}

This is a bug. The package can only satisfy its build dependencies
on m68k which is not available in lenny.

> emile (= 0.11-2): FAILED
> The following constraints cannot be satisfied:
>   emile (= 0.11-2) build-indep-depends on gcc-3.4-m68k-linux-gnu {NOT AVAILABLE}

Dito

> freebsd-sendpr (= 3.113+5.3-9): FAILED
> The following constraints cannot be satisfied:
>   freebsd-sendpr (= 3.113+5.3-9) build-indep-depends on freebsd5-buildutils (>= 5.3-2) {NOT AVAILABLE}
>
> mono-tools (= 1.9-1): FAILED
> The following constraints cannot be satisfied:
>   mono-tools (= 1.9-1) build-indep-depends on libxul-dev {NOT AVAILABLE}
>

> monodevelop (= 1.0+dfsg-2): FAILED
> The following constraints cannot be satisfied:
>   monodevelop (= 1.0+dfsg-2) build-indep-depends on libxul-dev {NOT AVAILABLE}

These three are simply bugs (of which only the first one is not reported,
though).

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>