Re: hppa in lenny? (Was: Freeze exceptions related to libdb-ruby)

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 08:34:17PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
> dann frazier wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 01:14:01AM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
>>> Adeodato Sim?? wrote:
>>> I just looked into ruby19 on hppa.
>>> The makecontext()/setcontext()/switchcontext() functions which went into
>>> libc-ports recently [*2] will not help here.
>>> Instead, I think only when at some point the glibc on hppa switches to
>>> NPTL, ruby could work.
>> hey Helge!
>>  fyi, John Wright and I have had a buildd running w/ an NPTL glibc for
>> a while, and we're not having any better luck with ruby1.9 builds -
>> they seem to fail just as before ('miniruby' spinning indefinitely).
>> In general, I haven't noticed any better or worse behavior between
>> linuxthread/NPTL buildds.
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for testing it! That's interesting. It was always my assumption,
> that NPTL would fix a few problems. If this is not the case, then it's time
> to look into the glibc/linuxthreads/NPTL coding again. I'll try to find
> some time this week to analyze that, but sadly debugging thread-issues is
> not easy nor really funny :-(

hey Helge,
 Thank you for making an effort to help us here. If having an NPTL
chroot would help, let me know. We're publishing the autobuilt NPTL
bits here:
  http://parisc-linux.org/~dannf/hppa-nptl-mirror/
I don't think it has all of base built yet, but I can tar up our build
chroot if necessary.

--
dann frazier