Re: Pre-approval for reportbug/3.45

* Sandro Tosi [Fri, 15 Aug 2008 23:56:32 +0200]:

> > I'd like to receive you approval before upload reportbug/3.45 in
> > unstable to let it transit to Lenny after the right amount of time.

> > This upload fixes two bugs: password method is missing in urwid
> > interface, bugs list is not shown anymore due to BTS page changes (I
> > know I know, we got to remove that part of code, and move to SOAP, but
> > we are still planning that part and it would be a big change in code).

> > Please let me know, so that I can upload.

Yes; please mail back when it's uploaded.

Now if you don't mind a bit of perfectionism... (possibly follow-up to
-maint with CC to me).

> +def get_password(prompt=None):
> +    return getpass.getpass(prompt)
> +

Maybe you always pass a prompt when calling get_password(), but None
seems a bad default to me. Try getpass.getpass(None)...

Maybe this?:

  def get_password(prompt=None):
      if prompt is None:
          return getpass.getpass()
      else:
          return getpass.getpass(prompt)

(SCNR, heh.)

> +    except:
> +        pass

Eeek.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                             Listening to: Alanis Morissette - Front row