Re: freeze exception request: xserver-xorg-video-geode

On 8/16/08, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:
> * Martin-Éric Racine [Fri, 15 Aug 2008 15:25:09 +0300]:
>

>  > On 8/15/08, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:
>  > > * Martin-Éric Racine [Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:30:31 +0300]:
>

>  > >  > Upstream is making a minor bugfix release (2.10.1) to address this
>  > >  > issue and another one, tomorrow.  If it's okay, I'd rather package and
>  > >  > upload that to unstable, rather than hand-pick patches.
>

>  > > If the minor issue has minor code changes as well, should be fine. You
>  > >  may want to send the diff first for review, your pick.
>
>  +  * Transitioned debian/control to XSF dependency versioning files.
>  +    This breaks backportability for Debian/Etch and Ubuntu/Gutsy, but
>  +    it makes bin-NMU and a whole bunch of other things MUCH easier.
>
>  It's not the time to do this. Also, I lack the knowledge to review this,
>  so if you want to /make your case/ this should be included, you'll have
>  to get some knowledgeable pkg-xorg person to review the changes and
>  comment here first.

Actually, now is precisely the right time to do this. It had been
requested for a long time, but I had postponed doing this until Lenny
would be close to release, so as to avoid breaking backportability.
Now that Lenny is about to become the stable release, it's no longer
an issue.

Anyhow, it reproduces what the standard XSF scripts do and, yes, very
much needs to be included to enable bin-NMU and automated X server
version bumps.

>  +xserver-xorg-video-geode (2.10.0-6) experimental; urgency=low
>  +
>  +  * Bumped Build-Depends on X core to >= 2:1.4.99 for experimental.
>  +
>  + -- Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk@iki.fi>  Tue, 22 Jul 2008 07:40:34 +0300
>  +
>  +xserver-xorg-video-geode (2.10.0-5) experimental; urgency=low
>  +
>  +  * Bumped Provides to server-2.9 for upcoming X.org 1.5 core ABI.
>  +
>  + -- Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk@iki.fi>  Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:16:50 +0300
>
>  Please don't include changelog entries for changes that are not included
>  on the package.

Replaced by the above transition and necessary to show what happened
between -4 and -7.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi