Re: freeze exception request: xserver-xorg-video-geode

* Martin-Éric Racine [Sat, 09 Aug 2008 10:03:56 +0300]:

> On 8/7/08, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:
> > * Martin-Éric Racine [Wed, 06 Aug 2008 17:53:31 +0300]:
> >  > 2) Wait until the GEODE 2.12.0 including that fix is released

> > No, this is not possible at all. Zero chances.

> >  > 1) Release a patched GEODE 2.10.0 package

> > This would be acceptable if the fix is targetted and not invasive.

> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xserver-xorg-video-geode/xserver-xorg-video-geode_2.10.0-4.1.dsc

Diff looks fine to me, it would be accepted. Please mail again when you
have uploaded to unstable.

> The proper version to use is unclear to me, because this is an update,
> but not an NMU. I cannot use -5 since we already have -6 in
> experimental and the experimental version is needed to test build
> against newer X servers that won't go into unstable until after Lenny
> is out.

Then something like 2.10.0-4lenny1 would be best.

> Also note that I haven't been able to test this on GX2/CS5535 since I
> don't have access to such hardware. However, I have been able to
> verify that it doesn't introduce any regression on already supported
> LX/CS5536.

Ok. If you could get somebody with GX2/CS5535 to test, that'd be
perfect, but if not, knowing that there are no regressions with the
previously functioning hardware should be enough.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                             Listening to: Placebo - Lady Of The Flowers