Re: guile-1.8 (1.8.5+1-2) recommended for lenny

Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <he@ftwca.de> writes:

> Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

>> I just uploaded a new version, 1.8.5+1-3, which I hope will fix the
>> remaining issues.  This version may also fix the long-standing
>> problem with support for ia64.
>
> I'm a bit uneasy about this, as the new patch for the ia64 issues
> touches some code in libguile/continuations.c for all
> architectures. Is that a mistake?

I think it's probably not, but I'm cc'ing Neil for further comment.  I
believe the patch is probably OK, and is the current upstream code.

Neil, presuming you know, is there any reason to think that the ia64
patch might be likely to cause trouble elsewhere, and conversely, if
we were to leave it out, should there be any affects other than
(re)breaking ia64?

Thanks
--
Rob Browning