Re: xine-lib bug fixes for lenny

I demand that Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt may or may not have written...

> Darren Salt <linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> writes:
>> The attached patches are proposed for xine-lib 1.1.14-2.

>> 9478: v4l segfault fix (free(), null dereference)
>> 9518: avoid Xv deinterlacer image corruption on some chipsets
>> 9519: v4l buffer overflow fix (pre-allocation too early)
>> 9520: v4l CVBS & S-Video input fix
>> 9521: corrupt media file segfault (Windows Media)
>> 9522: MP3 metadata mishandling segfaults (bug 491671)
>> 9529: corrupt media file segfault (Ogg) (bug 492870)
>> 9531: needed to fix a bug introduced in 9521
>> 9536: corrupt media file segfault (AVI)
>> 9537: corrupt media file segfault (Windows Media again)

> All OK. Merging the patches for 9521 and 9531 would have been nice.

An additional patch, fixing another corrupt media file segfault, is attached;
it fixes the problem by using an external copy of libfaad.
(src/libfaad/Makefile.in is regenerated but is not altered by the attached
patch since it's trivially regenerated with automake-1.10.)

The Xv deinterlacer patch will probably be slightly extended: it patches only
the X11 xv output plugin, and I'm told that the XCB xv plugin needs to be
patched similarly.

| + Buy local produce. Try to walk or cycle. TRANSPORT CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING.

I'm an absolute, off-the-wall fanatical moderate.