Re: Please allow deliciousapi 1.5.0 into sid/lenny

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 05:36:00PM +0200, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> > please go ahead with the upload to unstable and please follow-up to this
> > mail afterwards.
> Thanks Philipp! deliciousapi/1.5.1-1 has just been uploaded.

After re-reviewing the entire package (not just the debdiff I reviewed
before) I tend to decline this request and will request the removal of
it from testing.

Rationale:  It relies on screen scraping.  This is the same case for
releaseforge.  So both packages are more similar than I initially
thought.  It has been observed that remote websites change.  I hold
the assertion that packages relying on websites not changing at all
in structure may not be included in a stable release as they might
get broken too easily.

If there was actually an API involved all would have been fine, but
like this it should be included in volatile or backports instead.

Sorry,
Philipp Kern