Re: Fwd: Please schedule binNMUs for openal -> openal-soft transition

* Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> [2008-08-06 20:16:12 CEST]:
> #v+
> rhonda@edna$ cat blub.c
> main () { }
> rhonda@edna$ gcc -o blub -g -O2   blub.c -lopenal
> rhonda@edna$ ./blub
> Segmentation fault
> #v-
>
>  There seems to be something fishy with openal here.

 Through the valueable help of Matias D'Ambrosio I got a patched version
of openal that enabled me to build hugs98 again (supertuxkart currently
still building - but given that it failed at configure stage already I
am confident that it fixes that, too).

 I will work out a way to incorporate the cherry picked commits for the
source update he provided me into our openal-soft package and will do an
MU for it propably later today (or pabs, not sure right now who's the
one to suffer and gets added to the Uploaders list ;))

 For the record, the problem was some deconstructor being called without
checking wether a constructor was actually called. Besides that this
shouldn't really appear in actual use of the library it is a bad thing
anyway and will get fixed with next upstream release.

 So long,
Rhonda