Re: Fwd: Please schedule binNMUs for openal -> openal-soft transition

* Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> [2008-07-31 01:12:30 CEST]:
> * Gerfried Fuchs [Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:01:41 +0200]:
> >  Unfortunately hugs98 and supertuxkart fail at me with the same errors.
>
> Which means torcs succeeded (confirmed on irc), but it failed yet again
> on the buildd, so I'm not giving it back again until it can be diagnosed
> what's happening there. I pinged Ryan about the possibility of a dirty
> chroot.

 Sorry for the delay on further investigations. I finally found the time
to dig further and with the help of pabs and nomeata I was able to find
out why the builds of hugs98 and supertuxkart fails:

#v+
rhonda@edna$ cat blub.c
main () { }
rhonda@edna$ gcc -o blub -g -O2   blub.c -lopenal
rhonda@edna$ ./blub
Segmentation fault
rhonda@edna$ gcc -o blub -g -O2   blub.c
rhonda@edna$ ./blub
rhonda@edna$
#v-

 There seems to be something fishy with openal here. So far the findings
for now, I propably will dig further into it, any ideas on why this
happens only on powerpc and not on other archs (I'm not really aware of
memory alignment issues on powerpc?) will be appreciated.

 So long for now.
Rhonda [Ccing d-d-g because of openal maintenance]