Re: Allowing a FTBFS-free qhull package into testing

* Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org> [2008-08-08 00:21]:

> The qhull package currently FTBFS on hppa [1].  I investigated the issue
> closely and found that the culprit is the eperl package [2] which hangs on
> hppa.  It seems that problems with eperl started to happen after version
> 2.2.14-15.1+b1 was uploaded, which was built against perl 5.10 (according to
> the Debian changelog, on May 2, 2008).  Indeed, version 2003.1-9 of qhull
> built correctly [3] on penalosa on April 21, 2008, against eperl version
> 2.2.14-15.1.
>
> I prepared a new package for qhull that differs minimally from the version
> currently in testing (2003.1-9) and would like to know whether it is
> possible to upload it to testing-proposed-updates.  I did this because the
> version currently in unstable (2003.1-10lenny1, this is a misnomer, sorry)
> has extra changes from 2003.1-9.
>
> Anyway, the debdiff between 2003.1-9 and 2003.1-9lenny1 is attached below.
> It is extremely thin, with the essential change being only one line in
> debian/rules.  Sed is used instead of eperl for building the manpages
> lacking upstream.  I put the package in a repository on people.d.o [4], for
> your appreciation.

I will be leaving soon for vacations so, unless I receive quickly an answer
to my request below, any action on my side will be postponed to the end of
August.

I just filed a bug report with severity serious against qhull (#494461).

Thanks,

--
Rafael