Re: Freeze exception for python-dns (again)

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 07:55:55 +0200 Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> wrote:
>On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 06:48:06PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> As a result, upstream cranked out another release (2.3.3) that fixes
this and
>> has some minor cleanups.  I'd like to get the upstream version of the
fix
>> into Lenny, but haven't uploaded to Sid yet so it would be available if
>> debian-release preferred I extract a minimal change for Lenny.
>
>Does this release add support for querying IPv6 nameservers?  Maybe I'm
>guessing that wrong from the code, but has this been tested sensibly?

No, it does not add any new features.  Both upstream and myself have tested
this one more extensively than the previous ones.  I also ran the test
suite for another package I maintain that uses python-dns extensively in
both IPv4 and v6 (querying v4 nameservers) environments without issue.

>If it adds a new feature that's again prone to failure I would rather
>like to see that deactivated.

Not an issue.

>Otherwise the code looks ok and I would approve the upload.  The other
>changes introduced in this new upstream release are minor with tweaks
>to setup.py (not changing logic), the look ok'ish.

Thanks.  I'll upload it later today.

Scott K