Re: Please allow sphinx 0.4.2-1 into testing

* Piotr Ożarowski [Fri, 01 Aug 2008 22:33:44 +0200]:

Hello,

> [no sarcasm, just a question]
> Is it a general rule? The "no new upstream release" one?. I plan to upload
> sqlalchemy 0.4.7p1-1 with 3 lines of code changed soon[1]. Do I really
> have to prepare 0.4.7-2 with changes moved from upstream sources to
> debian/patches? What does it change (besides avoiding big debdiff due to
> lots of date stamps in documentation / new regression test files)?

> If it's not a general rule, what's a sane debdiff size?

Well, if a new upstream version would be source-equivalent to a
backported version, then of course the new upstream version is ok.

The thing is that it shouldn't include stuff that would not be allowed
in a backported version.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Dijkstra