Re: Please unblock tex-common 1.11.1

* Norbert Preining [Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:00:07 +0200]:

> Hi Adeodato,

> On Di, 29 Jul 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > If you know of packages that are affected by the dh_installtex bug, and
> > they are arch:all, rebuild-only uploads of them are of course fine (if
> > they are arch:any, we'd schedule binNMUs instead).

> Ok, I checked all of the testing archive (unpacking all .deb in testing
> on merkel with dpkg-deb and checking the postrm)

Thanks for this.

> 133 packages use dh_installtex
> 63 packages use both snippets in their postrm code
> 1 package affected: latex-cjk-japanese-wadalab

> We have to rebuild that one with newer tex-common to get it right.

> What should I do? Simply rebuild it with tex-common 1.11.2 and upload it
> to stable? With increased version number???? I have no idea what a
> "rebuild-only" upload should be, sorry.

Yes, just do an upload with an increased version number and a changelog
entry that explain it's a no-changes upload to rebuild against a fixed
dh_installtex. Then mail us with the version number, so that we unblock
it.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

                    Listening to: The Magnetic Fields - The Book of Love