How should I handle the sitation with releaseforge?

Over the past several months, as SourceForge has revamped their website,
the releaseforge [0] package had quit working.  Since upstream had been
unresponsive for a while, it prompted me to file an RFA [1].  However,
it appears that last week upstream spontaneously returned, which has
made me reconsider my RFA.

As of about one week ago, version 1.3 is now available from upstream
[2].  This version works with all the changes to SourceForge's site.
My first instinct was to simply request removal of the package.
However, that is undesirable as it has already shipped with a stable
release (version 1.1-1 is in Etch).  Removal from Lenny would leave Etch
users without any sort of upgrade path.  Leaving the current version in
Lenny would, however, result in a package that is completely broken for
Lenny's entire life cycle.

I'd like to know from the release team if an exception for this package
might be considered.  Or is there another potential solution which I
have overlooked?

Regards,

-Roberto

[0] http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/releaseforge.html