Re: freeze exception for cryptsetup 1.0.6-4

On 27/07/2008 Luk Claes wrote:
> > I'd like to request a freeze exception for cryptsetup 1.0.6-4. I didn't
> > upload it to unstable yet, but if no objections are raised, I'll do so
> > tomorrow.
>
> Cc-ing debian-boot as it contains a udeb... no objections from the RT.

Ok, I just uploaded cryptsetup 1.0.6-4 to unstable; with urgency=medium,
as important (#492451) and security (#477203) bugs get fixed.

I suggest to wait the full five days before unblock, so it gets at least
some testing in unstable before actually migrating to testing/lenny.

No changes relevant to debian-installer are made since 1.0.6-1, thus
debian-boot shouldn't have any objections.

The final changelog is attached. The changes since my initial post to
debian-release@lists.d.o are manly documentation improvements, and one
new feature (splashy support in askpass: #492451).

greetings,
 jonas

cryptsetup (2:1.0.6-4) unstable; urgency=medium

  [ David Härdeman ]
  * Make sure $IGNORE is reset as necessary, patch by Thomas Luzat
    <thomas@luzat.com> (closes: #490199)
  * Use askpass in init scripts as well (closes: #489033, #477203)

  [ Jonas Meurer ]
  * Don't copy_exec libgcc1 in cryptopensc initramfs hook, as it's already
    copied by copy_exec /usr/sbin/pcscd automaticly. Thanks to Evgeni Golov
    <sargentd@die-welt.net>. (closes: #490300)
  * Remove the udev rules file again as the relevant rules are now provided
    by dmsetup package which cryptsetup depends on.
  * Add splashy support to askpass, thanks to John Hughes <john@calva.com>
    for the patch. (closes: #492451) The support is limited to cryptroot
    though, as splashy freezes for passphrase input dialogs from initscripts.
    Document that in README.Debian.
  * Now that askpass is used as keyscript for interactive mode, it's not
    necessary to set cryptsetup parameter '--tries=$TRIES' and TRIES=1 for
    interactive mode anymore in cryptdisks.functions.
  * Implement special treatment for random passphrases now that we use
    "--key-file=-" for all situations. Only necessary in do_noluks.
  * Fix the passphrase prompt string in initramfs/cryptroot.script to use
    $cryptsource instead of $cryptsources.
  * Major documentation cleanup for lenny:
    - Rewrite CryptoSwap.HowTo in README.Debian, remove CryptoSwap.HowTo.
    - Refer to README.initramfs instead of CryptoRoot.HowTo for encrypted root
      filesystem in README.Debian.
    - Remove outdated docs CryptoRoot.HowTo, usbcrypto.udev and gen-old-ssl-key
      as well as the decrypt_old_ssl keyscript.
    - Remove debian/TODO, didn't have any useful content anyway.
    - Fix section ''9. The "decrypt_derived" keyscript'': Add swap option to
      the example line for crypttab and other minor fixes. Thanks to
      Helmut Grohne <helmut@subdivi.de>. (closes: #491867)
  * urgency=medium since important (#492451) and security (#477203) bugs get
    fixed by this upload.

 -- Jonas Meurer <mejo@debian.org>  Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:21:44 +0200

cryptsetup (2:1.0.6-3) unstable; urgency=low

  [ Jonas Meurer ]
  * Fix cryptdisks.functions to actually recognize the noauto option. Thanks
    to Christian Pernegger <pernegger@gmail.com> (closes: #483882)
  * Update patches/02_manpage.patch to fix two more typos, thanks to Bruno
    Barrera Yever <bbyever@gmail.com> (closes: #476624) and to remove a
    duplicate sentence.
  * Rephrase "Enter password for $crypttarget" to "Enter password to unlock
    the disk $cryptsource ($crypttarget)" in initramfs/cryptroot.script.
  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.0:
    - Add a README.source which references /usr/share/doc/quilt/README.source.
    - Add support for debian build option parallel=n to debian/rules.
  * Add a udev rules file to ignore temporary-cryptsetup-* devices, as
    suggested in bug #467200. Thanks to Sam Morris <sam@robots.org.uk>.
  * Transform debian/copyright into machine-readable code as proposed in
    http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat. Update and add several
    copyright notices.
  * Change reference to docbook xml v4.2 driver file from an online version
    to a local one in the manpage files, as the build process should not
    depend on internet access. Add docbook-xml to build-depends. Thanks to
    Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>. (closes: #487056)

  [ David Härdeman ]
  * Hopefully fix askpass to properly handle console and usplash input
    (closes: #477203)
  * Clarify crypttab manpage (closes: #487246)
  * Make regex work if keyfile has extended attributes,
    https://launchpad.net/bugs/231339 (closes: #488131)
  * Support comments in options part of crypttab (closes: #488128)

 -- Jonas Meurer <mejo@debian.org>  Mon, 07 Jul 2008 00:30:07 +0200

cryptsetup (2:1.0.6-2) unstable; urgency=low

  [ Jonas Meurer ]
  * Taken from ubuntu:
    - debian/scripts/luksformat: Use 256 bit key size by default. (LP: #78508)
    - debian/patches/02_manpage.patch: Clarify default key sizes (128 for
      luksFormat and 256 for create) in cryptsetup.8. (side-note in LP #78508)
  * Use 'shred -uz' instead of 'rm -r' to remove a tempfile that contains a
    key in gen-ssl-key example script.

  [ David Härdeman ]
  * Misc bugfixes to askpass, make sure it is installed to the correct
    location and is built using pedantic mode.
  * Change the initramfs script to use askpass to prompt for
    passphrases, this should hopefully fix #382375 and #465902 once it
    is enabled in the init scripts as well.
  * Add a keyscript called passdev which allows a keyfile to be
    retrieved from a device which is first mounted, mainly useful to get
    keyfiles off USB devices etc.
  * Unbreak MODULES=dep booting (closes: #478268)
  * Relax checks for suspend devices a bit (closes: #477658)
  * Convert man pages to docbook.

 -- David Härdeman <david@hardeman.nu>  Mon, 26 May 2008 08:12:32 +0200