Re: Why you need not upload with urgency=high for the freeze

* Sandro Tosi [Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:47:00 +0200]:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 02:13, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:
> >  | Packages that are present in unstable the day we freeze will be
> >  | automatically allowed into testing, that is, the freeze date (next
> >  | weekend) does not mean your package should be in testing by then,
> >  | but only in unstable.

> Thanks for clarifying this! I would have asked sooner or later if you
> hadn't said explicitly. Do you think worth write some sort of FAQ
> about these things, a document that can be published on
> release.debian.org to advertise us? We do not release so often, so
> something to "remind" how things go on could be helpful.

Well, the release updates have been the traditional place to document
this, but if we end up with many things to say, a document in release.d.o
may be indeed wiser. I'll keep it in mind!

> Additionally, how NEW packages are handled? Pkgs in NEW now, if
> accepted, would be allowed to migrate in testing?

Hm, good question, and I have not an answer ready at the moment, will
have to wait a few days. Though unless you're planning a NEW upload that
could be reduced to a non-NEW upoad, the answer doesn't really affect
you?

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

               Listening to: Andrés Calamaro - Vigilante medio argentino