Re: buildd ordering: where to make a suggestion?

Hi,

Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 11:17:49PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> >
> > I agree that enough buildd power would be a good thing, but that do
> > not mean the ordering should not be tuned.  Packages will a lot of
> > reverse dependencies, and at least packages with reverse dependencies
> > the buildd queue, should be built before their reverse dependencies.
>
> This is mostly done by ordering the sections.  For instance libs

of the source package I assume?

> has the highest priority, and is followed by debian-installer, base
> (which doesn't exist anymore?) and devel.

I mean, when a package has stuff in editors, devel, libs, misc, doc,
x11, kde, gnome, python, graphics, net and libdevel where would it stand for
buildd ordering?

Oh, and I think libdevel is missing in your above list; I think libdevel
should be added to that it if isn't already.

Regards,

Rene