Re: BinNMU for hotswap

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:31:37PM +0200, Laurent Bonnaud wrote:
> Dear release managers,
> could you please rebuild the hotswap source package to fix this bug ?

Can you please explain why you think this is a proper fix for the
problem?

> $ xhotswap
> xhotswap: Symbol `_XmStrings' has different size in shared object,
> consider re-linking

This looks like it uses a symbol which
- violates the C standard (underscore and uppercase letter is reserved),
- is internal to the lib and should not used by xhotswap or
- the lib providing this symbol changed its ABI.

Also you are not listed as maintainer.

Bastian

--
Well, Jim, I'm not much of an actor either.