Re: suitesparse/lam/hdf5 transitions

Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org> writes:
> I cannot even tell which packages are currently blocking this jumbo
> transition.  For sure, I know of petsc, which FTBFS mysteriously on hppa,
> besides lam itself that FTBFS on ia64 with an ICE.
>
> Is there a way to make a partial transition by removing some packages
> temporarily from testing?

No, we will force the whole thing in, breaking some packages on some
architectures (and maybe removing some for it, yes). Rest assured that
at least three people from the release team are currently watching over
this :-)

FWIW, the current situation looks like this transition will include
suitesparse, lam, hdf5, mpich, stlport4.6, octave*, grass, gdal, fftw
and OpenOffice.org. My hint file contains a (usually commented) hint for
this, which I'm testing from time to time.

Marc
--
BOFH #68:
only available on a need to know basis