Re: removal of vips and nip2 from testing

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:

> The openexr transition was pending for quite a long time, and we needed
> to finally get it through before it gets even larger, and so that we can
> start now the next transitions. . . .

Thanks for your lucid explanation.  It makes it all clear, and I
appreciate your taking the time to explain.  There was a FTBFS on nip2
as well, which I hadn't previously noticed, but I was looking at all
the buildd logs today and noticed it.  I just uploaded a new version.
I have also spoken with upstream about the problem that caused the
problem, and I should be able to upload a proper fix soon.  However,
my workaround seems to be good enough for the moment, so I'll leave it
alone pending a transition back to testing.

I appreciate the effort on the openexr transition.  The transition of
vips from 7.10 to 7.12 took months because it got stuck in an openexr
transition several months ago.

--Jay