Re: [alpha, hppa] GCC-4.3 as the default compilers for lenny?

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 09:38:32AM +0100, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Bastian Blank a écrit :
> > I discussed with doko a bit and have to propose another solution. This
> > solution have a prequisite: gcc must not generate string ops without
> > function calls.
> This prequisite is not always true. Starting with GCC 4.3, some uses of
> bzero/memset/memmove are generating stringops directly and not call
> functions.

bzero/memset/memmove _are_ function calls, which gcc optimizes away. And
this functions are _not_ safe. At least not according any docu I have
access to.

> This is for example the case of sigemptyset() in the glibc.

Which is defined _in_ the glibc.

Bastian

--
Is truth not truth for all?
		-- Natira, "For the World is Hollow and I have Touched