Re: gfortran release goal?

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:28:47PM +0000, Neil McGovern wrote:
> After discussion with the rest of the team, this has been accepted as a
> release goal:
>
> # Transition g77 -> gfortran
>   Advocate: Kumar Appaiah, Mathias Klose
>   Release-Team-Contact: Neil McGovern
>   Bug-Tag: gfortran
>   State: confirmed

Thank you for this, though Riku is the actual advocate, other than
Matthias. It'd be better if the names were put that way. :-)

> As the team aren't hugely familiar with fortran, or the status of such
> packages, we need you to keep us up to date so this doesn't fall through
> the cracks. Regular updates and status messages will be appreciated :)

I shall be glad to do so, though I must say that this is turning out
to be not such a big issue after all, since maintainers have been
responsive and active following up by Riku and Colin Tuckley have
resulted in most of the key pacakges being transitioned easily. Also,
the biggest blockers I was afraid about earlier (chiefly octave3.0)
are now in unstable. So, it is just a matter of rebuilding with new
B-Depends or binNMUing for the remaining packages.

Thanks again.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah