Re: Noise

On 22/02/08 at 02:30 -0500, Philippe Cloutier wrote:
> Le February 21, 2008 07:05:45 pm Neil McGovern, vous avez écrit :

> > > No idea what you mean.
> >
> > I think what Lucas is trying to say is that some of your mails sound
> > like official position of Debian/the release team, and they're not :)
>
> Lucas somewhat clarified what he meant privately. If you think that one of my
> mails sound like official position of Debian/the release team by my error,
> feel free to let me know.

Your mail wrongly gives the impression that the only concern I expressed
in private mails is that your opinions might sound like official
position of the release team. That's not true. My main concern is that
you are losing your time, and other people's time, by adding a lot of
noise to technical discussions. [1] is a good example of that: Holger
clearly asked for the SRMs' plans, and the first answer he got was from
... you.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2007/12/msg00173.html

If you are interested in helping Debian and/or the release team, I'm
sure that there are a lot of ways to contribute in useful ways (even
without being a DD).