Re: Unsmooth transition libungif4g -> libgif4

On 2008-02-05, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:
> Today a version of imlib11¹ built against libgif4 was uploaded to
> unstable, and I noticed that it can't be installed because emacs21,

woops. My fault I guess. didn't put that much into the change.  I can
also revert imlib11 if preferred by release team at this stage.

But it would be nice to unify on one giflib thingy.

> So it seems that all packages currently build-depending on libungif4-dev
> need to be rebuilt against libgif-dev to resolve the issue; binNMUs will
> not be enough, sourceful uploads are necessary.

Having libungif4-dev shlib file say libungif4g (>=something) | libgif4
and binNMU all rdepends could be a smoother way, but maybe not
preferred.

/Sune