Re: update sun-java5 in non-free to close #462622

Hi,

On Fri Feb 01, 2008 at 10:10:47 +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> Philippe Cloutier writes:
> > Le January 31, 2008 08:39:52 pm Tom Marble, vous avez écrit :
> > [...]
> > > Please consider the uploading of 1.5.0_14 as previously mentioned
> > > as a "timely reaction from the Java maintenance team".
> > > Please make this fix available to etch users, not just sid users
> > > (a timely reaction from the Debian Release Team :-) ).
> > >
> > As I was trying to say, it's the (Debian) Sun Java maintainance team's
> > responsability to upload a fixed package for stable.
> >
> > If the maintainance team doesn't react timely and nobody else proposes a fixed
> > package to the security team, then it will be the release team's
> > responsability to remove the RC-buggy package from stable. As the bug was
> > just reported, it's still too early for intervention from the release team.
>
> The security already did give the statement that they don't care about
> security updates for non-free.  So it doesn't seem too much to *ask*
> the release team if they consider such an update at all.

i would consider it stable, but i am just about to close r3 after the
next dinstall, so we could only consider it only if there would be all
archs (ia64, amd64 and i386) availible within 24h from now) or for r4.

Greetings
Martin

--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  |  Debian Release Team Member
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster