Re: libcdio SONAME transition (aka: bothering release team)

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 11:06:17AM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:

>  libcdio changed SONAME/package name without warning; maintainer thinks
>  the release team shouldn't be bothered for such a small transition;
>  could you please clarify whether it's ok to bother the release team for
>  transitions like this one?

Sending them through the release team is nice, because then we have control
over when and how the transition collides with other transitions. :)

>  If that's ok with you, please schedule bin NMUs for:
>     mednafen/0.8.1-1
>     gst-plugins-good0.10/0.10.6-3
>     xmms2/0.2DrJekyll-4
>     vlc/0.8.6.c-3
>     libdevice-cdio-perl/0.2.4-2
>     fuse-umfuse-iso9660/0.2-2

For example, xmms2 is still tied up in the boost transition, so it would
probably be best to push the boost transition through (even though this
breaks libxmmsclient++1 on arm) and then schedule the binNMUs for cdio.

>  NB: I excluded vcdimager as it seems to have been reuploaded already
>  (maintainer is the same as libcdio).

libdevice-cdio-perl has also been reuploaded, so will be excluded from the
binNMUs.