Re: Report on the situation of python2.5 in Debian

Le jeudi 11 octobre 2007 à 14:44 -0400, Aaron M. Ucko a écrit :
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Still, it would be nice to build extensions for all python versions, but
> > the fact they are private makes this process more complicated.
>
> ... particularly given that neither python-support (which BitPim
> currently uses) nor python-central actually supports that case
> AFAICT. :-/

If anyone has ideas about how to deal with such cases, I'm all open for
implementing them. It would be easy for python-support to maintain a
list of files that should be symbolic links to the version linked
against the current python. The difficulty is about where to install
those files in the packaging process so that dh_pysupport sees them.

--
 .''`.