Re: Report on the situation of python2.5 in Debian

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 06:42:46PM +0000, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Now, for the bad news. The following packages have various kinds of
> > issues that prevent them from working with python2.5. Some of them are
> > trivial, some are much more tricky. In all cases, we need to focus on
> > these bugs if we want to see those packages in lenny:
>
> You have missed Zope.

  Zope is kind of outside the python policy because it always lags
behind, and is dealt with in its own round, I presume that's why Joss
didn't talked about it.

> Does the list include those packages which are not conform to the new
> Python policy? There're still several of them out there. A zero-day NMU
> policy would be good to have here, too.
> http://bugs.debian.org/from:madcoder-python-transition@debian.org;pend-exc=done;exclude=fixed

  Last time I checked, most of them weren't in testing for ages. But
this wasn't thorough.

> > Please note that they can all be binNMUed after python2.5 has become the
> > default, but all of them will have to migrate to testing at once. We
> > must make this list shorter unless we want this transition to recall bad
> > memories to the release team.
>
> >         mod-wsgi
>
> It's not possible to use more than one python version with mod-wsgi,
> therefore it will only work and be build against the default python
> version. A binNMU after changing the version should work well.

  yes, for some packages it makes sense, Joss didn't asked for an empty
list, merely a shorter one, and I agree with him.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit