Re: Release goal: enforce the use of testsuites when available

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 02:00:18AM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>   Packages that have a test-suite should always call it. Most
> autotool-ed packages have a "check" target to run and that's it. It
> would help tracking down regressions from the build logs, and would
> avoid breakages like recently the grep one.

>   Most of the sensitives packages in debian already run the testsuite
> (libc, compilers, git, whatever...) and I can tell as a libc packager
> that this already has been proven invaluable.

Why does this belong as a release goal?  Do you really think that enabling
testsuites in packages should be grounds for a zero-day NMU?  What steps
will you be taking to ensure that NMUers don't enable testsuites that are
known to be broken?