Re: mercurial (and tailor) packages

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 03:05:17PM +0100, Vincent Danjean wrote:

>   I just fix #382252 of severity 'serious'.

I've just downgraded that bug, I think the severity was incorrect; AIUI it
only applies when upgrading from old, unreleased versions of the package.

The change in t-p-u is small enough that it may be reasonable to accept it,
but I'm not in a hurry to do so myself.

> I would like the fix to go to testing (and etch). However :
> - the testing version is 0.9.1-1
> - the unstable version is (will be in a few hours) 0.9.3-2
> ie: there has been a new upstream version since the freeze

> I know you discourage new upstream versions, however I would like
> you to make an exception here. Mercurial is a new source control
> version system (it does not exist in stable), so it changes quickly.
> The new upstream version fixes lots of bugs and gives lots of
> improvement for users (full support of rename, ...). Releasing
> the 0.9.1 version of mercurial for etch seems to be already
> outdated.

Yes, new upstream versions are always better because they fix bugs; they're
also always worse because they include destabilizing changes such as code
reorgs and feature enhancements.

So I agree with Marc that no exception is warranted here.

Thanks,