Re: gibraltar-bootcd fixing FTFBS bug

Hi Andi, Hi Steve,

[Just returned from my honeymoon, still feeling relaxed about the uclibc
package, which used to give me the shivers ;-) ]

Am Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2006 13:22 schrieb Andreas Barth:
> * Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) [061228 13:16]:
> > > Yes, the reason was the FTBFS, where everybody agreed that it was
> > > uclibc-toolchain's fault. So gibraltar-bootcd was kind of in waiting
> > > position. The FAI project uses mkinitrd-cd, and they would need it back
in
> > > etch. Between March and now, basically only the FTBFS has been fixed
(I'm
> > > working on a major new version for unstable).
> >
> > It appears that uclibc itself is not in etch at this time, with a total of
4
> > RC bugs open against it.  Andi unblocked gibraltar-bootcd, but it's not
> > going to get anywhere without uclibc.
>
> Looking at the bugs, two show just that the package is neglected - they
> have patches for some time.
Very true... Maybe it's time to either include the uclibc source code in
mkinitrd-cd or move away from this library (although it's still the more
featureful of the "small" libs IMHO).

> The remaining ones:
> #336367: FTBFS: uclibc missing asm-i486/mman.h
> should be easy as well
>
> #261725: libuclibc0 - violates FHS
> as this is a cross-suite, I think the reasons for sarge-ignore are still
> valid enough to not really mind about this bug - but we need some
> perspective that it is actually resolved in time for lenny.

Does this mean that you will let uclibc into etch? I think it is still an
important package (and having mkinitrd-cd back would help the FAI team, as
I've been told).

Rene