Re: New upload of python-libgmail

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 02:50:48PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> No, it's not fine.  The time for new upstream versions is past; the freeze
> policy allows for targetted fixes only, and by your own admission this
> update is anything but a targetted fix.
>
> If you and upstream could manage to identify an isolated fix for bug
> #405304, that would be accepted; a 3000-line upstream diff will not.

Unfortunately we are talking about an upstream that releases about
once every six months, and who mentions right off-the-bat on the
project's webpage that "Please note: Always download and test the CVS
version of libgmail if you are having problems", so getting them to
pinpoint what change fixes this particular problem is going to be a
no-go.

On the other hand, I just diffed the code between 0.1.5.1 and the CVS
version as of today (which I packaged this morning), and it's "only"
58 lines (attached). If I had to guess, I'd say the last chunk is what
fixes the problem at hand, but I'm not positive, since I don't have a
test-case handy to try and reproduce this problem.

Is this 58-line upstream diff good enough (I wouldn't call that a _new
upstream_), or would you rather have me backport what I *think* is a
fix for #405304 ?

Cheers,

--Seb