Re: Any hope of reducing dependency sizes in lenny?

Le December 13, 2007 04:19:55 pm Petter Reinholdtsen, vous avez écrit :
> While starting the lenny test builds for Debian Edu, I noticed a few
> "redundant" dependencies being pulled into the CD:
>
>   gcc-3.3-base (pulled in by openoffice.org via libstdc++5)
Seems solved.
>   gcc-3.4-base (pulled in by openoffice.org via libg2c0)
Seems solved by experimental lapack3 (see #379288)
>   gcc-4.1-base (pulled in by octaviz via libgfortran1)
It's still too early to expect gcc-4.1 to be gone.
>   gcc-4.2-base (pulled in by adduser via libgcc1)
Current version :)

>   libdb4.2 (pulled in by slapd)
See #421946
>   libdb4.3 (pulled in by iproute
#442653
>   and squidguard)
#442673
>   libdb4.4 (pulled in by apt via libsasl2-2)
>   libdb4.5 (pulled in by openoffice.org via openoffice.org-core)
It's too early to do expect this one to be gone.
>   libdb4.6 (pulled in by adduser via libpam-modules)
Current version

> Is there any work going on to try to get the packages using these
> libraries to use the latest version?
Yes. Most of the bug reports I mentioned show work.