Re: [binNMU] facile

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 02:02:29PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Anyway, this is certainly no worse than what happened with the maintainer
> upload of ulex, which was uploaded before findlib was available on all archs
> and had to be given back after a FTBFS.

Well, sorry, but I consider this as a shortcoming in our buildd
infrastructure and I'm not always willing to dilute my workflow because
of that. When I upload something like ulex I provide all the information
to discover that the build won't be possible. Why can't this be
automatically detected and need manual work?

I understand that this way I've cause additional work to someone else
and I'm sorry for that, but having to dilute work on a set of related
packages is sub-optimal for me. Maybe I can upload to delayed or
something next time, but I'm convinced something about that can be fixed
on the buildd side (but no, I'm not volunteering, I'm just replying to
your complain).

Cheers.