Re: T&S for Release Assistents

On 2007-08-30, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:
> Once you've done as much as you're able for the two weeks, make sure the
> bug report includes all the up to date information, then reply to this
> mail (to debian-release@lists.debian.org) with a brief summary of what's
> happened and what the next step (if any) is. If you think the package
> requires removal from testing (or the bug can be fixed by other means
> from the release team), feel free to forward the proposed fix as soon as
> possible to the release team.
>
> If the above is just too easy, for extra credit you can take on some of
> the other older bugs from the RC bug list. If you do, include those in
> your mail next week.  If you're not able to fix a bug, ask for help or
> do as much as you can, then leave it; don't get in over your head, or,
> worse, upload an NMU that's broken or doesn't completely fix the
> problem.

Here's my report:

> 423823 retchmail: FTBFS

Merged RC bugs 387989, 423823, 423966, 423967.
Fixed by uploading wvstreams 4.2.2-2.3.

> 368226 Quagga does intentionally not upgrade automatically

Maintainer forgot to close the bug.

> 405186 docbook2x: FTBFS

According to Daniel Leidert, not reproducible in docbook2x >= 0.8.7.
Fixed in libxml-sax-perl 0.16-0.1 (verified that docbook2x 0.8.3 built
with this version) along with RC bug #419757.

For extra credit:

Fixed the following bugs blocking the invoke-rc.d transition (#438885):

 341413 dict-easton
 367734 dict-hitchcock
 367725 net-acct
 341415 dict-gcide
 348259 dict-elements
 367729 rbootd (additionally, FTBFS bug #379635)
 367733 dict-moby-thesaurus
 367737 dict-bouvier
 367740 dict-gazetteer2k-zips
 367755 tama
 440574 memlockd (along with RC bugs #418666, #431529)

Fixed:
 409473 & 424601 anon-proxy FTBFS

Pending fixes:
 441449 memlockd FTBFS

anon-proxy is interesting.  It looks like it's been abandoned by the
maintainer and the upstream[0] has rewritten it in Java.  Its open bugs
lead me to believe it's not suitable for testing or a release.

[0] http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

--
Robert Edmonds
edmonds@debian.org