Re: gmp and ihu: can go into testing together, I think

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 10:46 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 09:47:20PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/hints/adeodato:
> >
> >   # 2007-07-26
> >   easy gmp/2:4.2.1+dfsg-5 ihu/0.5.6-3
> >
> > The haxx.se output does not tell you whether or not a hint is currently in
> > place for the named package.
>
> I'd be grateful if someone could explain -- in small words, please,
> for those of us not immersed in the minutia of release management --
> two things:
>
> (a) what does that "hint" mean, and

Update the versions of gmp and ihu in testing to those mentioned if
doing so makes the overall state of testing no worse than it was before
they were updated (e.g. no more uninstallable packages).

The packages are listed in a single hint to ensure that the update is an
atomic unit; otherwise the new version of gmp would have made the
version of ihu in testing uninstallable and thus wouldn't have
transitioned.

> (b) why the transition happened only yesterday if, indeed,
>     the hint was put in place on 2007-07-26.

Yesterday was the first occassion when both packages were eligible for
transition - mostly due to a missing ia64 build of ihu until then.

Adam