Re: Many binnmus needed for packages using only GNU symbol hashing

Hi,

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 12:32:37AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> > I scanned the archive looking for packages using only GNU symbol hashing
> > (instead both GNU and the old symbol hashing). They need to be bin-nmued
> > to fix this.
>
> > Please find attached the list. It's formatted as "<source> <binary>
> > parenthesis (in particular packages which were already bin-nmued).
>
> > The arches which have no packages listed in the file use only the old
> > symbol hashing so they're fine.
>
> Scheduled, thanks.
>
> It would probably be a good idea to rerun this against unstable in a couple
> of weeks to make sure we've really gotten them all.

I did a run a few days ago and there are still a couple of packages
using only GNU symbol hashing:
http://people.debian.org/~hertzog/bad-hashing

Openoffice is in there but from a #d-d discussion it looks like it's built
that way on purpose?

For the others I don't know. There are a fair number of bin-NMU versions
in the list.

Raphaël Hertzog