Re: IPv6 in Debian

> * AAAA before A DNS lookup

>   (it might be that the implementation of RFC3484 as described
>    in the libc6 change "2006-05-18  David Woodhouse" as found in
>    /usr/share/doc/libc6/changelog.gz might have solved this particular
>    problem)

Partly.  It fixed the issue of clients trying to connect to IPv6
addresses first on hosts with no IPv4.  It didn't fix the issue of
waiting for AAAA records -- the IPv6 addresses are still returned to
the client, albeit at the end of the list.

>   Then there's software that binds to the first port it gets and is
>   difficult to teach not to do so. [2]

Sorry, but I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.  The reference
you give is speaking about a different issue.

>   I would guess that less than one in a thousand users have direct access
>   to an IPv6 network. Getting connectivity to IPv6 is still non-trivial
>   (based on my own personal experience).

  $ sudo apt-get install miredo
  $ sleep 10
  $ ping6 -c5 www.kame.net