Re: heads up: icu library transition in September or so

Hi,

Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> The ICU upstream developers are expecting to release ICU 3.8 in
> September.  ICU is a reverse dependency of both boost and
> openoffice.org.  I'm planning uploading an alpha release to
> experimental and alerting the maintainers of the reverse
> dependencies.  I will, of course, coordinate any transition with the
> release team before uploading to unstable.  We've done ICU transitions

.. and with the maintainers please. I'd like to keep libicu36 as long a
as possible (besides a libicu38?)

> before, and they're pretty small and painless, but they're big enough

Heh, no, sorry.
Last time OOo broke completely because it failed with 3.6.
Needed much work to make it work with 3.6.
that was 3.4 -> 3.6.
It might work this time, it might not...

(And it is completely uncertain when OOo will update to icu 3.8 for its
internal copy)

Gr??e/Regards,

Ren?
--
 .''`.  Ren? Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: 248AEB73