Re: Request for binNMU of python-yadis and python-urljr

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 11:41:09AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 02:33:37PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > > True. But it is possible to rebuild them anyway without waiting for the
> > > maintainer?
>
> >   You can NMU them for sure. Sadly, there is no arch:all buildd, which
> > is maybe sth that we should fix, because the new python policy would be
> > way more useful with an arch:all buildd.
>
> Erm, what part of the python policy would benefit from an arch:all buildd?
> I would consider that a bug in the python policy, because anything in the
> arch:all packages that would warrant rebuilds on changes of the python
> implementations should be done using the hooks/maintainer scripts instead.

  the Provides: fields of packages that have some have to be updated
through rebuild. Sorry, but I don't see how to get around that.

> (egg info, AFAIR, is not in the python policy.)

> Anyway, lack of buildds are not the reason that binNMUs are not supported
> for arch:all packages.

  Sure, I never pretended that the lack of buildds is the reason for it.
OTOH I'm not sure what the problem with arch:all buildds would be :)

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit