gfortran transition release goal proposal

Greetings!

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> Camm Maguire writes:
> > Greetings, and thanks for your report!  Not applicable to gclcvs.
>
> nice to hear from you again; would you mind to join the discussion
> around the g77 -> gfortran transition? see debian-release@lists.

Sure.  I suppose we still have testsuite failures in
blas/lapack/atlas, yes?  I'll try to take a look.  Is refblas3 as good
a place to start as any?

BTW, there have been requests for atlas3.7 (non-official release
developer snapshots) packages in Debian, but as we all know, atlas
consumes a lot of resources.  Any other thoughts here?  Are the
existing packages inadequate?

Take care,