Re: Please bin-NMU alsa-plugins

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 10:17:56AM +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Hello release team,

> Due to a bug in alsa-lib 1.0.14, any package building an ALSA-module
> built agianst this version got its "plugindir" wrong, rendering the
> plugins unusable.

> 1.0.14a was uploaded short after and should fix the problem. Please
> recompile alsa-plugins against libasound2-dev 1.0.14a-1, to close
> #429730.

Which architectures does this apply to?  Bug #429730 only mentions amd64.
And is this problem due to a bug in libasound2 1.0.14 only, or is this a
case of libasound2 breaking binary compatibility between 1.0.13 and 1.0.14
that needs to be addressed in order to provide a clean upgrade path from
etch?

This request has been on hold because alsa-plugins is implicated in the
current library transition mess, but I'd like to resolve this ASAP once
that's clear (which should be this weekend).

Thanks,