Re: Release Goal Proposal: texlive-transition

Hi,

I wonder why nobody answered to this - when and/or how will it be
decided whether this is a release goal?

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Dear Release Team,
>
> the TeX Task Force proposes the following release goal:
>
> "No dependencies (Depends/Recommends/Suggests/Build-Depends{-Indep}) on
> tetex-* and texlive-full, only justified dep's on texlive",

I've just noticed one argument in favor of keeping an alternative
Depends on tetex-* which I've already encountered, and that is "It would
allow easier backports".  However, I don't think it's valid any more,
since texlive is available in etch, and most TeX add-on packages already
work well with it.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster