Re: binNMU for libauthen-sasl-cyrus-perl

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 12:53:45PM +0300, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 02:41 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Well, the "another version" is just a dummy package at this point anyway...
> > But yeah, not carrying an unnecessary dummy package into the next stable
> > release is a good enough reason, so binNMUs scheduled for 12 packages in
> > all.

> Just FYI: the next version of cyrus-sasl2 will drop the dummy packages,
> and as part of that we're going to monitor for packages that become
> uninstallable because of this.

Ok, hopefully all the builds will be done before that happens regardless :)

> > cyrus-sasl2-mit would still need to be updated, though, and has a
> > hard-coded dep.

> AFAICS, it's scheduled to be removed from the archive, as cyrus-sasl2
> now provides the same functionality (#419418).

Ah, indeed, it seems that the version of libsasl2-gssapi-mit in the archive
for etch/lenny is not from the cyrus-sasl2-mit source package, which means
cyrus-sasl2-mit provides only one obsolete binary package currently and is
not uploadable in its current state -- so yes, this should definitely be
removed from the archive.

> Apparently there was no transition package that would have pulled in
> libsasl2-modules-gssapi-mit (the package that now provides this
> functionality). Should we provide the transition for lenny in
> cyrus-sasl2?

Hrm, rather, libsasl2-gssapi-mit appears to already be that transition
package.