Re: 64-bit transition deadline (Re: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers)

Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:
> On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 02:54:12PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
>>  * We want to restrict the release cycle for Lenny to less than 2 years,
>>    we want to discuss experiences of Etch first though to get a more
>>    accurate time planning.
> 2 years means april 2009, which is past the 64-bit transition deadline:
>
>   http://catb.org/~esr/writings/world-domination/world-domination-201.html

We do support enough 64 bit architectures (including the mainstream
amd64) and ESR is a brainless fuckwit, so I don't see how this is
relevant for us. Could you clarify what you think that we need to do for
a 64-bit OS that is not yet in etch?

Marc
--
BOFH #81:
Please me, I have to circuit an AC line through my head to get this