Re: Etch in the hands of the Stable Release Managers

* Julien Cristau (jcristau@debian.org) [070408 18:03]:
> On Sun, Apr  8, 2007 at 14:54:12 +0000, Andreas Barth wrote:
>
> > Preparing the first point-release
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > There are already some packages known that will need an update in stable
> > soon.  Best known is the kernel, which has some annoying bugs with pending
> > fixes. If you are aware of any important bug that is waiting
> > in unstable and didn't make the release because of time constraints,
> > send a mail to debian-release@lists.debian.org.  The usual rules that
> > were in place for freeze exceptions are also mainly valid for the first point
> > release of the Etch life cycle. It will be possible to accept packages
> > directly from unstable to stable-proposed-updates. If you want the stable
> > release team to do that, wait with new uploads until you got a confirmation
> > that the package was accepted.
> >
> xorg 1:7.1.0-18 was unblocked for etch, but not built in time.  Is it a
> candidate for r1?

The hppa-build is still not there, so we need to check whether it gets
compatible, or whether there was any ABI etc change. Frankly speaking, I
expect you need to do a new upload to proposed-updates.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/