Re: atk1.0 1.12.4-3 (has udeb) fixes all translations

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007, Steve Langasek wrote:
> And is that a significant number of strings, or are these strings that are
> rarely seen by the user?

 There are around 130 strings; I don't think there are printed in the
 installer, but I don't know how frequently the strings are seen or
 heard in regular uses of ATK either.  The strings sound like
 descriptions of the type of widgets/objects that the user could see:
 "dialog", "desktop icon", "fontchooser", "frame", "image", "spin
 button", etc.  Perhaps these can be read by a screen reader or
 displayed on a Braille display, but I have no exact idea.  :-/

 I don't think it's release critical to fix the bug in the installer
 itself, but I think it's an important bug in atk; I can't really judge
 the usability problem it can cause since I am not sure how to trigger
 displaying / reading of these strings; it seems to me these are
 important (or they wouldn't be translated), and hence I think this is
 an important bug to fix in etch.

 So apart of the version skew issue, I would recommend hinting this
 version to put us on the safe side.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>