Re: Please approve ntp 1:4.2.2.p4+dfsg-2 for etch.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 04:21:03PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi Kurt,
>
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 07:46:34PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > Can ntp version 1:4.2.2.p4+dfsg-2 be hinted into testing?  It contains
> > some important fixes I'd like to see migrate to testing.
>
> +ntp (1:4.2.2.p4+dfsg-2) unstable; urgency=low
>
> +  [ Peter Eisentraut ]
> +  * Removed obsolete logcheck entry
>
> Perhaps obsolete, but then it didn't hurt anything either, so not a late
> change that I'm happy with letting in.
[...]
> Could you comment on the logcheck change?  Specifically, what is it that
> makes this definitively obsolete, the fact that ntp will no longer generate
> such 'recvbuf' messages?

The string is not present anymore in the source.  However it is present
in the version from stable in libntp/recvbuff.c.  The whole function has
been removed.

> +  * Improved formatting and fixed random whitespace in cron job
>
> Hmm, gratuitous diff to be reviewed :/

This is mostly whitespace changes.  And an if [ $? = 0 ] replaced by
if [ $? -eq 0 ], and the "then" placed on the same line as the if.

Anyway, I'd be happy to remove those 2 changes if needed.

Kurt