Re: Please consider unblocking gradm2 2.1.9-2.1

Quoting Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org):
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 08:33:48PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
>
> > I have just uploaded a NMU of gradm2, to fix its pending l10n
> > issues (and, if needed, very minor QA issues).
>
> > Actually, with the maintainer's agreement, this consisted in the
> > removal of the debconf note.
>
> Where did the maintainer agree to this?  The only reply I see in the bug log
> of #316834 is a *disagreement* with you.

He agreed privately, sorry.

Indeed, he basically mentioned me in private, when I pinged him about
this bug, that he would do the upload. Then, later, when I asked again
about the status of this bug, he mentioned me that he is short of time
and if no upload pops up as of March 8th, I would just NMU the
package.

Indeed, I take this as a yes....:-)

> You also acknowledged that the second template (arguably the more important
> one) belongs in NEWS.Debian, but your patch drops that template completely.
> Granted, that note was never being /displayed/, but I don't think it's
> correct to remove the text from the package completely when it could be left
> in place for reference or (better) put in a NEWS.Debian.

I can put it back in NEWS.Debian. I usually do so and apparently
neglected to do it here. Probably because, as you said, the text was
never being displayed.

If you feel that's better, I can re-upload with that text back in NEWS.Debian.

Let's ping him. As I don't rely on <package>@ p.d.o